Brownsville Scenes

Simply, a blog about my life in McAllen, Brownsville and Matamoros, Beautiful Photos, Beautiful memories, Lots of Friends, Lots of fun... This site is also dedicated to all those valley kins around the world who want to check in every-so-often. ;0)

Friday, July 29, 2005

UTB Business & Education Building


Every time I pass by this building I can't help but remember the time I had the chance to speak to Senator Lucio on a plane flight to Austin, TX. I was headed up to have a meeting with the UT Chancellor and he had legislative business to attend. Back then, this building was just a dream, a thought back in 2001... In fact, he was so passionate about getting an education building and it's technologies and top facilities to breed great teachers.

Although I supported his enthusiaum for a Education Building I was stressing the need for a good business infrastructure for the students and the city. I was crazy business student and advocate back then, trying to do research analysis on student housing at a local university, teachers and administrators would laugh. Why wouldn't international business students from both sides of the border not want to study at a school that could potentially be sitting on a strong international business program? We have the resources... Someone just needs to conduct the orchestra.

Anyway. He agreed. and No, they didn't build it because of me.