Brownsville Scenes

Simply, a blog about my life in McAllen, Brownsville and Matamoros, Beautiful Photos, Beautiful memories, Lots of Friends, Lots of fun... This site is also dedicated to all those valley kins around the world who want to check in every-so-often. ;0)

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Awards Ceremony & Banquet

Sunday morning we spent it in and out of seminar and meetings... Between seminars we were feed sandwiches. They were alright.. as long as they didn't disappoint at the banquet that night. i'm cool.

I skipped the last seminar to sneak up to my hotel room and take a nap. The Banquet and Awards Cermony was at 6pm..


Beautiful sunset on our way to the banquet

We were not really looking to come home with any prizes tonight. A mention would have been a good gesture. Deep down though, I knew my store could compete with the best in the company. We didnt leave this night with a store of the year award, but we managed to salvage an award for the commitment we have to our community. The feeling of walking away without the top award was awful... These are probably the moments that make us stronger to fight the next time around because damn if i'm walking away like this in Disney next year.

Oh damm. Our company president announced he's bringing the party to San Antonio Texas next year.



Founder of the Company, his name is Ed (he's funny) &
thats Frank (President) annoucing next yrs show in San Antonio.

I didn't stay for the awards cermony after-party. Instead I went back to my room and took some advil for a spliting headache I got from the plane flights. Needless to say I couldn't go to the after-party parties because of the medication... No need going if I wasn't going to have a couple of drinks.

ANYWAYS.. I had to get some rest for Monday.. We were skipping the trade show and going to EPCOT. Aside from that I spent the night watching the weather channel for any information on Emily.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miriam said...

Yay! Maybe I'll actually get to tag along next year!?

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home