Brownsville Scenes

Simply, a blog about my life in McAllen, Brownsville and Matamoros, Beautiful Photos, Beautiful memories, Lots of Friends, Lots of fun... This site is also dedicated to all those valley kins around the world who want to check in every-so-often. ;0)

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Robert Runyon meets W.A. Snake King



These photos were taken from the University of Texas and the Library of Congress's collection of Robert Runyon, former commerical photographer and later mayor of Brownsville. Parts of his collection can be found online at http://runyon.lib.utexas.edu./

These photos show a young William Abraham "Snake" King exibiting some of his snake collection to some of the Fort Brown soilders. The child by his side is my grandfather Joseph King. Also, check out the detail letters on the SNAKE KING wagon.


by steven saul king

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to learn more on Manuel King's experience in filming "Darkest Africa" around 1936 and its showing at the Capitol theater. Will Rattling Yours ever be reprinted? What's up with the Snake King webpage:
http://members.aol.com/stevensaulking/ ???
Please let me know when it's fixed. It looks good so far. Please write to me at Ocelot777@hotmail.com

4:44 PM  
Blogger corpuschick said...

I was wondering as I read that who can that be that Joe King is his Grandfather? that's my grandfather too...

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home